Monday 15 July 2013

Review of #47, #48 and #49 (The Starlet Series) by Carla J. Hanna

When I first read the synopsis of The Starlet Series (Starlet's Web, Starlet's Run and Starlet's Light), it sounds really really interesting. This is because it is my first time to stumble on books on a celebrity's life, especially one who is becoming an adult.

When I started with #47 Starlet's Web, I love the starting. However, as I continued reading, I find that the writing style has changed and there's no...whatchamacallit 'Oomph' in the story.

I love the characters but I find the main character very whiny. It seems like the whole story is being deliberately lengthen. So, yeah... I kinda got bored in the middle.

The good thing about Starlet's Web is I got to experience the 'celebrity lifestyle' which I have absolutely no idea whether its true or not. Other than that, its okay.

After finishing book 1, I did not feel satisfied with the ending so I decided to give another try by reading book 2, Starlet's Run.

Apparently, book 2 can be read as a stand alone series but I find it ridiculous.
There's a lot of elements in book 2 which are really connected to book 1.

The main character is still being whiny and there's a lot of jealousy going on.

The main highlight of Starlet's Run is when the main character has cancer due to a 'special' drug that her mom gave her. I know it sounds terrible when I said it like that but you gotta read the story to find out the whole story. I don't wanna put it here because they are spoilers. =)

Anyways, I find Book 2 to be Slightly better than book 1. However, I still find the book kinda boring. (Sorry Carla! I love the theme, covers and all but I believe with better editing, it'll be a great read!)


Since I've finished Book 2, I was thinking, "What the heck." and proceeded to read Book 3 (Starlet's Light) because I got this book for an honest review.

And I gotta say, Book 3 is so much better than the previous books.
Because, its FANTASTIC.
I'm so glad I endured book 1 and 2 because this reminds me of life.
Life is torturous (I'm not talking about the book!) but in the end, its super beautiful you just want to live over and over again.

I love the twist in book 3 and I gotta say, its a damn surprise.

Sincerely,
Selina.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment