Monday 15 July 2013

Review of #46 Wish You Were Here by Catherine Chant

This is the best book I've read in the month of July.

Wish You Were Here is a book where you can't stop reading, your heart pounds in time with the characters in the book, the writing style just drags you into the story and in the end, you can't help but fall in love with the book.

I love the time travelling theme in the story and the beautiful love story between Callie and Joey Tempo.

When I said "love story", I meant there's a lot of pain, anguish, slight jealousy and the ups and downs of a relationship. The way Catherine Chant wrote the story really really really pulls me in and made me feel whatever the main character is feeling.

For me, that is one of the few elements of a really awesome book.

The story is unforgettable and the characters are likable. 

When I first read the synopsis, I was immediately pulled in because of the words, 
"She's out of place. He's out of time.". 
That was like, the one of the best lines I've ever read.

At first, I thought the book was similar to the 'Time Traveler's Wife' but I really got a sweet surprise.
Its completely different. Well, that's what I thought.

If you ever get your hands on this book, trust me, you HAVE to get it. 

For me, a good book is when the story is able to drag you in, scramble up all your emotions, and letting your heart ache in pain when you've reached the ending.

Seriously, go and get it. I really really really REALLY want the paperback version of Wish You Were Here. If I DO get it, I'll put it up on my FAVOURITE BOOK SHRINE (which is my bookcase) :)

Sincerely,
Selina.



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Selina! So glad you enjoyed the book.

Unknown said...

It was a pleasure reading your book. You're awesome. :D

Post a Comment